Saturday, May 27, 2017

Well, it happened. :(

Well, it happened and I didn't even know. Obviously, Amazon didn't consider this worth notifying me.
2.0 out of 5 stars Too slow, August 1, 2016
By Celina
This review is from: Lucky Thirteen (The Raiford Chronicles Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Never finished it - too slow for my taste
If a person doesn't finish a book, why bother to leave a review?
All the Raiford Chronicles are marketed as Romantic-Suspense.
Multiple murders? Exploration of the strange bond between twins? A nutcase trying to summon a demon through ritual sacrifice? Betrayal? Fist fights? Romance on two fronts? A deep abiding faith? Slow?
Romance--No, this novel is NOT erotica, so if that's what a person wants in romance, don't look here. You will not find bed-hopping, crude sexual language, bondage, torture, etc. Suspense--isn't supposed to rush by in a blur; that's why it's called SUSPENSE..
Take the challenge--Read it for yourself!

1 comment:

  1. I disagree with Celina's review. The characters engaged me, drew me into the story, and kept me turning the pages. I wonder what Celina's expectations were. Lucky Thirteen is a suspense novel, to be enjoyed over the course of a few days (if you can put it down long enough to actually get some sleep!). If you want a two-hour adrenaline rush, catch a Tom Cruise "Mission Impossible" flick. There's nothing wrong with that. But it's wrong, and a bit silly, to apply the artistic sensibilities of one to the other.

    ReplyDelete