Saturday, May 27, 2017

Romance without being crude

From Spirits's Desire

Romance without being crude? Sappy? Weigh in. Setting--circa 1617
Rennin choked, "God, I have missed you!"
Morgan began to shed tears of joy as she stroked his beard. "You're truly here. You've come home again to me."
The very phrase broke Rennin's heart. "Morgan, I have to tell you something."
She put her mouth on his. "I don't care. I don't want to know about her right now. Just tell me you love me."
He panted, "I love you. I love you. You are heart of my heart, life of my life. You are my reason for breathing, and I will love you until the day I die."
Before Rennin could say another word, Morgan ripped the fastenings from his dyed cambric shirt. "Morgan?"
"Don't talk, Rennin. Make love to me."
"Morgan, I have to know."
"What?" she asked as she slipped from her nightgown. "What could be so important?"
"There was a butterfly. It talked to me in your voice. It said, 'Rennin, I don't care where you've been sleeping. I don't care who's made your bed. I would give my life to set you free. There's no sin you could imagine that is stronger than our love. All I want is for you to come home again to me.'"
She whispered, "It found you."
"Morgan, how?"
"I shall tell you later, but not now. Now I want to be with my husband. I need to feel you. I love you so. I have missed you so. Make love to me."
Rennin pulled Morgan's body to his, and they melted into each other. There was no yesterday. There was no tomorrow. There was only the moment, and no one else existed in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment