Saturday, July 9, 2016

Could you do whatever it takes?

http://goo.gl/1eLv66

What if "whatever it takes" required you to do something that might damage your very soul? Could you still do your job?

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Micah 6:8

His dark eyes showed a moment of fear and sadness for he had no idea how far he might have to go not to blow his cover. He sighed, "Whatever it takes."

"And you have an answer for everything." Ray narrowed his sky-blue eyes to slits. "I'll figure it out. I'm a damned good detective."
"So I've heard. You'll do whatever it takes to get the bad guy. I read Lucky Thirteen."
Ray laughed. "I also got the girl," Ray said as Larkin came to rescue Scott.
"Yeah," mused Scott wistfully as he looked at Cherie…

He glared at her. She stifled the mock laugh and asked, "How can I keep you from blowing your cover?"
"What?"
"How can I help?"
Scott could see that Cherie's cheeks glistened. "Don't cry. Please, don't cry."
"My dad has always done whatever it takes. What will it take?"
"Cherie, I can't hurt you."
"Is that what it'll take to keep you safe?"

Frank Ball didn't see any faces either. I will get 'em. Whatever it takes, Angel. I. Will. Get. Them." Ray left Scott with Cherie…

"The only three-word refrain that keeps haunting me is 'whatever it takes.'"
"Strike one."
Scott choked, "I'm so sorry."
"Strike two."
"I love you."
"The boy hit a homerun!"

The next day, Scott really did not feel any worse for the wear. He had no hangover, but he felt like a traitor. The "Whatever It Takes" motto bothered his conscience.

"Yeah. Water under the bridge. When you're undercover, you have to do whatever it takes."

Ray teased Scott. "It's a girl. Just wait until she grows up and meets a rogue like you and me." He looked skyward. "Please, God, let me live long enough to see it, whatever it takes."

Detective Raiford Reynolds has always done whatever it takes to crack a case, but when the case involves hurting his family, and he is not the one even investigating, he changes his tune quickly. Suddenly, whatever it takes includes putting the life and well-being of his family and friends in danger, especially his headstrong youngest child, Cherie. 
Ray must come to terms with the fact that he is growing older and many things are changing. He must learn that whatever it takes means letting go and not being the one in control of a situation. 


Whatever It Takes makes a detour from tracking a crazed killer as in its three predecessors. This time the residence of Eau Boueuse, Louisiana, deal with an organization of neo-Nazis who will do whatever it takes to advance their warped agenda. Ray suspects that the Feds have an agent undercover within the group, but he has no clue how close his own family is tied to the operation. Whatever It Takes is filled with intrigue heightened by forbidden romance. And once again, the underlying theme of faith in the worst circumstances encompasses the characters.




No comments:

Post a Comment