Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Ode to Coffee


Ode to Coffee
You are my morning breakfast bev’rage choice,
Your tingling taste on tongue so warm and moist.
Waking aroma, so good it must be sin.
One sip gives smiles. My day may now begin.

Your absence makes me growl, snarl, snip, and frown.
Just one big gulp turns my frown up-side-down.
Whether only cream or some sweet flavor,
Ah, your essence my taste buds do savor.

Your fame is now spread the whole world over,
Your perfume, more tempting than fresh clover.
You fill my senses with wondrous pleasure.
You are to me unsung, priceless treasure.

Hot and steamy or a frappe frozen,
You are my true drug. You are the chosen.
You give me strength and with energy fill.
You engulf my bones and temper my chill.

Whether java or a cup of hot joe,
It matters not by which name you do go.
On my life you are now golden embossed.
Oh, coffee, coffee, without you I’m lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment