Friday, October 4, 2019

Inspiration 69



Take a census of the whole Israelite community by their clans and families, listing every man by name, one by one.


I suppose I should offer some form of acknowledgement to the U.S. Census Bureau for the experience of working the 2010 census and having a woman slam her door in my face. When I went back to try to interview her again, she would not open the door, but I saw her feet through the mini-blinds and wondered what she had to hide. Thus, my imagination began to run wild, so my census enumerator saw a decapitated head rather than feet. Thereupon, Laura Beth Copeland was born.

Cover by Christopher Chamber. juroddesigns.com

1 comment:

  1. Great source of inspiration! Readers will never imagine where we get our inspiration! Kudos to you for expanding on a personal experience.

    ReplyDelete