Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Providence or Coincidence?

Providence or Coincidence?

Today I had to take my son to the ER for abdominal pain. Had to rule out appendicitis. It turned out to be pulled muscles.

On the way home, he said he was hungry, so we stopped at the Applebee's in Madison, MS to get a couple of half-price appetizers.

As we were leaving, the people in the car next to mine waved us down. The lady driving wanted to know where she could get the fourth book of The Raiford Chronicles. The magnetic sign on my car paid off!

Mrs. Mitchell, her name, had bought the other three books in the series at Livingston Mercantile, but did not have the last one in the series. I had some in my car and sold Whatever It Takes to her. Then, I showed her King Satin's Realm, and she bought it too!

After talking to this older couple, I discovered they were from Jones County, just like me. What a delightful turn of events from a stressful day.

I don't believe in coincidence. Providence made today happen.

As Larkin Sloan in Lucky Thirteen said, "You luck is what you make it. Your life is what you make it. So, go out and make it count." I sure hope today made my life count.

No comments:

Post a Comment